Calling all Independent Skateboard Filmmakers!
World famous Cha Cha Lounge in Los Angeles, California is proud to announce the call for film entries to the inaugural Cha Cha Lounge Independent Skateboard Film Festival (CCLISFF). The CCLISFF was created by skateboarders to shine a light on some of skateboarding’s underappreciated talent by recognizing the best independent filmmakers and skaters in the areas of short and long form skateboard film directing, cinematography, editing and innovation.
Sponsored by Incase, Vans Syndicate, Baker Boys Distribution, Girl Skateboards and The Skateboard Mag, the CCLISFF features a star-studded judging panel including Jerry Hsu, Kevin “Spanky” Long and Atiba Jefferson among others.
Works created in the past three years (on or after January 28, 2010) are now being accepted for consideration. Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 24, 2013 (postmarked). Films selected for the inaugural CCLISFF will be announced on or before May 21, 2013 on the official CCLISFF website. Screenings and awards will take place on-line at chachalounge.com/cclisff and in person Tuesday – Wednesday, May 28 – 30, 2013 at the Cha Cha Lounge in Los Angeles.
Admission is free; ages 21 and up with I.D.
Entries should be mailed to:
CCLISFF c/o Tristan Saether
2658 Griffith Park Blvd. #607
Los Angeles, CA 90039-2520.
1. Participation is open to all filmmakers working on independent skateboard and skateboard-related films.
2. All entries must be submitted in DVD format and high-quality QuickTime file, clearly labeled with the entrant’s name(s), name of the work(s), length of work and entry division on the DVD. In the case of multiple entries, each entry must be submitted on a separate DVD.
3. Each entry must include a completed entry form.
4. Entries may be submitted in the following Categories (one DVD per Category even for works submitted in multiple Categories):
a.Long Form (12 ‒ 20 minutes)
b.Short Form (10 minutes or less)
c.Single Skater (3 minutes or less)
d.Wildcard, anything goes! (5 minutes or less)
5. Submissions cannot be returned. Entrants should keep a copy of all work submitted.
6. In submitting your entry, you are certifying that all such permissions have been obtained and assuming all copyright liability thereof.
7. Works must have been created within the past three years.
8. Films will be showcased to general audiences. As such, the judges reserve the right to refuse to screen entries with content deemed inappropriate for such audiences.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Originality ‒ uniqueness of the work
2. Technical Merit ‒ sound quality, image quality
3. Execution ‒ overall quality of components, including, but not limited to, creativity, innovation, skating, acting, use of props and setting, where applicable
Judges will award:
1. Best Film, Short Form
2. Best Cinematography/Camera Work, Short Form
3. Best Editing, Short Form
4. Best Film, Long Form
5. Best Cinematography/Camera Work, Long Form
6. Best Editing, Long Form
7. Best Editing, Single-skater
8. Best Skateboarding, Single-skater
9. Best Film, Wildcard
10. Best Slam
11. Plus, Honorable Mentions in all categories, as deemed appropriate
12. Additionally, the entry scoring the highest total points overall will be named “Grand Prize” and will receive $1,000 gift certificate to B&H Photo video supply
Juried Selections will be screened Tuesday, May 28th and Wednesday, May 29th. And Winners will be screened May 30th, at 9 p.m. at the Cha Cha Lounge located at 2375 Glendale Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90039. Admission is free. 21+. In addition to these screenings, all Juried Selections will be viewable on-line at the official CCLISFF website.
All entrants will receive notification of acceptance or non-acceptance by May 21, 2013. Should you not receive such notification by that date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants whose works are accepted will be requested to send a brief biography, synopsis and list of cast and crew credits for each film.