Calling all Independent Skateboard Filmmakers!
We’re proud to announce the call for film entries to the Second Annual Cha Cha Lounge Independent Skateboard Film Festival (CCLISFF). Created by skateboarders for skateboarders, the festival aims to become an international showcase for the best emerging independent filmmakers and skateboarders from around the world.
Featuring the illustrious judging panel of Atiba Jefferson, Don ‘Nuge’ Nquyen and Tobin Yelland, the 3-night festival runs June 3-5, 2014. Admission is free. Film festival entry is open to all-ages. Screening nights are 21 and over with ID. The Cha Cha Lounge is located at 2375 Glendale Blvd. Los Angeles, CA.
Sponsored by Vans Syndicate, OlloClip, Baker Skateboards, Shake Junt, Cam Caddie, The Skateboard Mag, Girl Skateboards, Ashbury, Stumptown Coffee, Rudys’ Barbershop, Grant’s Pomade, Heineken and Incase.
Works created within the past two years (on or after January 31, 2012) are now being accepted for consideration. Submissions must be postmarked by May 02, 2014. Films selected for The Second Annual CCLISFF will be announced on or before May 23, 2014.
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
CCLISFF c/o Tristan Saether
2658 Griffith Park Blvd.
P.O. Box 196
Los Angeles, CA 90039-2520
1. Participation is open to all filmmakers working on independent skateboard and skateboard-related films.
2. All entries must be submitted in both DVD format and high-quality QuickTime file, clearly labeled with the entrant’s name(s), name of the work(s), genre, length of work and entry division. In the case of multiple entries, each entry must be submitted on a separate DVD. DVDs from non-U.S. coded zones must be made NTSC compliant.
3. Each entry must include a signed and completed entry form.
4. Any entry may be submitted in multiple categories.
5. Submissions cannot be returned. Entrants should keep a copy of all work submitted.
6. In submitting your entry, you are certifying that all such permissions have been obtained and assuming all copyright liability thereof.
7. Works must have been created within the past two years.
1. Long Form: Full-length category. Traditional skate video, documentary, scripted film etc…whatever fills the time. Don’t be afraid to bring the tears, pain and joy. (15 ‒ 25 minutes)
2. Short Form: A banging ass mixtape of you and all your homies! Or an artful
masterpiece of skill and daring. Sky is the limit in this category. (10 minutes or less)
3. Solo Part: Massive amounts of ripping! It all comes down to one person. Girls
and guys let us see it. (5 minutes or less)
4. Slam: Show us where it hurts. (1 minute or less)
5. Buck Wild: This category is no holds barred, total anarchy. Get as crazy as you can. Experimentation is key: make it gritty, grimy, trippy, tricky or as abstract as you like. ( 5 minutes or less.)
6. iPhone: Self-explanatory. Bust out that OlloClip and get cracking. ( 5 minutes or less.)
Entries will be awarded points on the following criteria:
Based upon the judges final scores, each category will be awarded with 1st-to-3rd Place Prizes. ‘Honorable Mentions’ given in all categories as deemed appropriate. Prize packages will be given to all 1st through 3rd Place Winners. Additionally, the highest scoring video from any category will be named “Grand Jury Prize” and will receive $1,000.00 gift certificate to B&H Photo Video Supply.
Juried selections will be screened Tuesday, June 3rd, and Wednesday, June 4, 2014. Winners will be screened 9PM at The Cha Cha Lounge on Thursday, June 5, 2014. Admission is free. 21 and over with ID.
YouTube: In addition to the 3-night screenings, all jury-selected videos will be viewable on the web at www.youtube.com/cclisff
All entrants will receive notification of acceptance or non-acceptance by May 21, 2014. Should you not receive such notification by that date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram @cclisff for the latest updates and festival news, and onFacebook at www.facebook.com/cclisff.skate
Entrants whose works are accepted will be requested to send a brief biography, synopsis and list of cast and crew credits for each film.